This post shares the provision of support to the staff within Learning and Organisational Development, specifically in the Cores Skills Team to ensure the smooth running of the Department. The duties will include dealing with staff queries, administrative and clerical work, much of which is undertaken using specific software packages.
This post holder will need to be able to promote a professional image for the department both internally and externally. They will also assist in ensuring the Learning centre runs effectively on a day-to-day basis.
Your daily roles and responsibilities will include:
- To support the Core Skills Team with the administration of statutory and mandatory training, e.g. Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Basic Life Support, Moving & Handling, plus any other cores skills and development training. This may involve using the Trust Learning Management System (LEAP) to enter bookings, produce registers and update the system on completion of training.
- To be responsible for the production of training materials, including handouts, registers and with the trainer/facilitator ensuring presentations and materials are up to date.
- To undertake supporting activities for training, such as identifying dates, booking venues, and liaising with trainers regarding training activity.
- To work with Quality Assurance & Evaluation in the processing of evaluation forms and the production of regular evaluation reports.
- To deal with incoming post, and ensuring that outgoing post is prepared accurately and in a timely fashion for distribution each day.
- To respond efficiently to enquiries received by telephone and in person from visitors in the department.
- To assist with the maintenance of a comprehensive and easily retrievable filing system from completed registers, including uploading attendance onto LEAP ensuring that the compliance figures meet the defined Trust targets,
- To arrange meetings, and co-ordinate activity of the training staff and trainers as requested by your line manager or another senior manager.
- To support the undertaking of Learning Needs Analysis across the Trust and/or specific Care Groups or Units to identify need and further explore suitable ways of meeting those needs.
At Kings College Hospital, you will be working towards a Level 3 Business Administration Qualification over the course of 15 months.