★ 4.7 Glassdoor rating and N.1 highest quality, Outstanding nursery group in the UK Ofsted leaderboard!
Would you like to join a fast growing nursery group with outstanding progression opportunities? We started with one nursery in 2017 and now have 20, and growing! Are you passionate about inspiring and developing the next generation to reach their full potential in this ever-changing world?
At N Family Club, we’re rethinking careers in early years and challenging the way things are done in the sector.
We empower you to reach your potential by supporting you with a mix of development initiatives and an unparalleled learning environment through our very own N Academy.
We offer industry leading salaries, a refreshed approach to flexibility to ensure you have a positive work-life balance and a second-to-none benefit package.
What will you be doing day to day?
As an Apprentice Nursery practitioner you will have the opportunity to rotate around the nursery rooms and Forest School, gaining hands-on experience in all areas of our nurseries.
This, coupled with your apprentice training in Early Years, will equip you with all the skills, experience and qualification to apply to progress into a qualified educator role with us. This Apprenticeship will either be for a level 2 early years practitioner or level 3 early years educator depending on experience. From there, you can develop your career at N family, opting for a managerial route, or pursuing a specialism in an area that excites you.
The role is a full-time position (40h working week, 20% of which is spent on learning).
Day to day you will learn to:
- Support your team in the delivery of basic childcare routines
- Be responsible for the delivery of our 'learning through play’ educational ethos
- Innovate with activities and constantly challenging your children’s learning and development
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with parents
- Promote child welfare and ensure safeguarding procedures are followed- Work a flexible shift pattern within the opening hours (7am-7pm)
What can we offer you?
- £13,800 annual salary
- Funding of your apprenticeship
- You’ll be part of N Academy which could put you on track for an EY degree once your apprenticeship is complete
- Performance related bonus of up to £750 per year (once working within ratio)
- Up to 32 days holiday a year (including bank holidays, 1 day off for your birthday and 3 days during Christmas and New Year) to start (rises with length of service)
- Free daily lunch and drinks
- Personal development fund of £100 per year
- Professional development, specialisms, coaching and mentoring through our N Academy
- Annual clothing allowance of £100 (no uniform)
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental leave pay for all team members after 2 years continuous service with N
- 5 days full sick pay and, depending on individual circumstances, we may offer up to 5 days discretionary leave
- Paid training including 2 inset days per year
- Childcare discount of 10%, rising to 25% when you become a Nursery Manager
- Emergency childcare: 6 back-up childcare days in any of our nurseries
- Round the world trip and 2 weeks additional holiday for 5 years service
- Refer a friend bonus of £500 (plus other incentives) for existing and ex employees
- Amazing wellbeing benefits including one wellbeing week per term, Headspace premium membership, free counselling, 10% ClassPass membership discount, hardship fund
- Season pass loan and cycle to work scheme
This vacancy is for temporary position (for at least the duration of the Apprenticeship) with the possibility of fulltime employment within N Family Nursery upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
• Passionate and positive (always see the glass half full)
• Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
• A love for customer service (making people happy)
• High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
• Reliable, hardworking and ready to learn lots!
GCSE preferred but not essential Grade A-C Maths/English
• Confidentiality essential
Things to consider
As an apprentice you will be included on either a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.
To become an apprentice, you must:
be 16 or over
not already be in full-time education
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you’ll:
have regular one to one sessions with a dedicated trainer either remotely or through visits to your workplace
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentice’s chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English. Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
To continue please click apply. At this point you will enter the Babcock International website where you can review the Job Vacancy in more detail and apply. Please complete the application form. Your details will be sent to the Employer. Contact Karen with any enquiries 01704 332144