What is involved with the apprenticeship role available?
The apprenticeship programme is an 18 month trainee broker position, providing technical broking and admin support, as well as building great relationships in the industry. You’ll be studying for your Cert CII qualification and we are committed to you and your career, so once completed we’ll continue to support you develop at FSBIS.
Our ‘Trainee Broker’ apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity for those that don’t wish to go to university or are looking to go into a different direction. Insurance is a great way to make a head start in your career and earn while you learn, as we provide you with everything that you need to be successful at FSB Insurance service.
You’ll spend your 18-month programme working closely with our brokers, learning all about the end-to-end insurance broking process. You’ll provide technical broking and administrative support to your team and build great relationships with Insurance Underwriters and other key stakeholders in the business.
In addition to on-the-job training, you’ll also be studying towards your Cert CII qualification (Chartered Institute of Insurers Certificate in Insurance) via a Level 3 Insurance Practitioners apprenticeship.
We are committed to you and your career, and so our apprenticeship roles are permanent roles from day one. Once you’ve completed your programme, we’ll continue to support you and your studies as you develop your career within insurance broking!
Duties and Responsibilities once qualified
- Manage incoming member/customer enquiry calls Produce and issue appropriate documentation depending on what department you are in, whether new business quotations, confirmation, renewal invitations or mid-term adjustments Assist customers to protect their material assets and liabilities Depending on if you are in the sales or existing team; if in sales, follow up and convert leads as well as making outbound calls. If in the existing team, follow up and secure renewals, mid-term adjustments, along with making outbound calls to assist with renewals and customer relationship
- Being able to work productively and efficiently as a member of a sales team as well as contributing to team discussion in regards to progression and positive change Achieve agreed sales & retention targets, both individually and as part of the overall team To maintain, and achieve growth in, income from existing customers
- Developing and maintain positive ongoing relationships with Insurers and Underwriters in a professional manner Ensuring compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations are met
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all products and services as to assist customers
The team at FSB Insurance Service….
Take pride in not only their insurance work, but in being part of FSB which looks after the interests of the country’s Small and Medium sized firms.
Despite the fact that we only began in 2018, we have been finalists in various national awards, including Diversity & Inclusion, Scheme Provider and Commercial Broker of the Year.
We have Good Employer Croydon status which commits us to ensuring employees are paid a fair wage and promoting equality and diversity.
We have a policy of developing our team both through their workplace experience and professional qualifications. We always try to promote from within the team.
How do I qualify for such an apprenticeship?
- 2 A Levels Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification) 5 GCSE’s inc Maths and English Grade 4 or above (or equivalent qualification) Proven eligibility to work in in the UK
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Good planning, organisational and time management skills IT skills including MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build successful relationships Willing to learn and develop into a new profession including CII membership and qualifications Be polite and co-operative towards customers, brokers and colleagues
- Looking for a Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) – 9am-5.30pm including 1 hour lunch
How you can apply
Contact Katie Freemantle by email with your CV and we will arrange a chat over the phone. First up, we’ll ask you to send us a CV and then chat to you over the phone. We really want to get to know you and understand why you want to work with us and so we’ll ask you to answer a few questions.
We’ll review your application and, if you’ve met the requirements, will ask you to do 3 short online tests to demonstrate your numeracy, literacy and data input capability.
If your results meet our required level, we will invite you for a final interview involving other members of the team. Successful candidates will then be able to start on the scheme at an agreed time. For those that are unsuccessful, we will give you a call to give you feedback to help you with your future.
Duration – 18 months