What will the apprentice be doing?
Working in a role supporting one of our business units or support functions you will learn the skills and technical knowledge to:
- Extract anduse data to provide insightful, clearly presented analysis.
- Gain sufficient understanding to suggest solutions that drive decisions and actions.
- Tailor information to the audience and provide simple, clear take home messages.
- Provide analysis that immediately highlights the desired action.
- Provide support to driving business improvement by analysing and evaluating the deployment of resources (cash, capex, opex, people), simplifying processes, systems and structures.
- Adopt internal best practice to provide excellent analysis and benchmarking for performance.
- Get involved in ad-hoc projects as required.
You will be fully immersed in the day to day activity of the business and be provided with 'real life' learning experiences rather than purely theoretical knowledge. A mentor will be provided to support you through all stages of the schemeWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
ACCA Level 7 There are three levels including Applied Knowledge, Applied Skills and Strategic Professional. Applied Knowledge helps you understand the role of accounting in the business environment, and develop the practical skills and techniques expected of an accountant working in business. The area you will cover include: Business and Technology Management Accounting Financial Accounting Applied Skills encourages you to develop a broad understanding of the role of accounting in business, and how to interpret financial information. The area you will cover include: Corporate and business law (ENG) (LW) Performance Management (PM) Taxation (TX-UK) Financial Reporting (FR) Audit and Assurance (AA) Financial Management (FM) By studying Strategic Professional, you'll learn advanced techniques, skills, and the professional ethics required of an accountant or consultant operating at a senior level. Once you've successfully passed you can apply to be a full member of ACCA. ...What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of
the professional qualification there are a number of analyst & business
partner roles in different areas of the business.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential Things to consider
Benefit's Include: Attractive pension plan Holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years' service Staff discounts at hundreds of retailers Wellbeing support, including Life insurance and rewards for healthy living Onsite parking available