What will the apprentice be doing?
- Invoicing deliveries daily checking totals match delivery notes.
- Updating Sales Ledger with customer receipts daily and managing any invoice queries. Sending monthly statements to customers.
- Managing Sales Ledger accounts - credit limits, contact details etc.
- Managing new customer credit applications, trade references and credit terms utilising current D&B website to determine suitability of applicants.
- Carrying out monthly credit control to collect debts owing and communicating late payment information to all relevant depts.
- Preparing VAT figures for quarterly returns.
Reconciling bank transactions.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Processing Supplier Invoices matching to Purchase Orders
- Reconciling monthly balances from statements, process supplier payments and send out supplier remittances.
- Updating and maintaining ERP system with relevant supplier information
- Preparing VAT figures for quarterly returns
- Reconciling bank transactions
- Leading payroll function
- Checking of automated clocking reports against shift patterns and inputting hours into payroll software.
- Processing payments, overtime, holidays, and deductions and circulating payslips.
- Managing the automated holiday system and holiday balances for all employees.
- Updating and maintaining employee details, processing new starters and leavers.
- Managing payment of pensions via online portal.
- Supporting HR Manager in employee-related tasks.
CIMA or ACCA
CIMA is split into Certificate, a standalone 'beginner' qualification, and Professional, which is split into three levels: Operational, Management, and Strategic.
The Certificate in Business Accounting (Cert BA) is your starting point if you're new to accountancy. You'll learn the fundamentals of business economics, financial accounting, management accounting, and ethical considerations of commercial activity.
Professional Level - The professional levels are each made up of three Objective Test subjects and one Case Study. You must pass all three Objective Tests before moving onto the Case Study, which tests what you've learned overall in the level.
CIMA Operational teaches you about organisational management, costs and analysis used in production, and financial reporting and taxation.
CIMA Management equips you with the skills to perform advanced management accounting and advanced financial reporting tasks. You'll learn how to manage companies, from internal and external contexts.
CIMA Strategic develops your leadership and strategic management abilities, and teaches you about risk management and financial strategy.
There are three levels including Applied Knowledge, Applied Skills and Strategic Professional.
Applied Knowledge helps you understand the role of accounting in the business environment, and develop the practical skills and techniques expected of an accountant working in business.
Applied Skills encourages you to develop a broad understanding of the role of accounting in business, and how to interpret financial information.
By studying Strategic Professional, you'll learn advanced techniques, skills, and the professional ethics required of an accountant or consultant operating at a senior level. Once you've successfully passed you can apply to be a full member of ACCA.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Company will provide appropriate support for further accounting
qualification and any other relevant CPD.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential Things to consider
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience. Qualification: This employer is also open to candidates studying AAT Level 4. Benefits Include: 27 days holiday plus statutory holidays. NEST auto-enrolment Pension Scheme. On site parking.