What will the apprentice be doing?
A typical day
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This programme starts with a 3-month virtual 'coding bootcamp' to bring you up to speed and set you up for success in your role
After your bootcamp, you will join the software engineering team for 15 months as part of an agile product team
- You will learn how to write good code and operate at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- You'll also build code for client- and colleague-facing software applications, test code and analyse results
- This role will require you to engage and collaborate with experienced software engineers, technical leads, product owners, agile coaches and automation engineers
- You'll learn the skills and develop the knowledge required to work within different disciplines of our software engineering team
- The apprenticeship also includes an opportunity for a three-month rotation into the Mobile team to learn iOS or Android
Software Engineer Level 4
Being a Multiverse apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
As part of your Multiverse apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to help you develop the 6 key competencies: well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9 (C-A*) or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (C-A*) or equivalent) Essential
Other Coding experience (Grade 3 Months) Essential