What will the apprentice be doing?
· Influence key stakeholders in the sporting context through own coaching philosophy and professional practice
· Enhance coaching competencies and inter-intra-personal skills through continued professional development and self-awareness skills training
· Develop transformational coaching strategies and tactics that consider sector, sport, organisation and participants unique needs
· Comply with legal, ethical, effective and efficient coaching systems that align to the organisational vision strategies, policies and processes
· Promote the value of the coaching team considering workforce structures and scopes including support staff, coaches, coaching assistants, and volunteers
· Facilitate the development of the coaching team through due diligence, inductions, development and performance monitoring
· Deliver effective coaching services through industry support networks and a collaborative, cohesive and competent coaching team
· Design high quality curriculum that considers participants' unique profiles, promotes ownership and informs micro, meso and macro plans as relevant to the sporting context
· Design and deliver progressive programmes and select coaching pedagogies that maximise engagement, whole child/person development and accelerates sustainable skill acquisition
· Deliver safe and effective coaching support to participants in practice, at events or competitions and influences learning and skill transfer across situations
· Embrace each participants uniqueness, their rights and advocates fairness, equality and diversity within the coaching environment
· Promote holistic wellbeing to control/contain stressors experienced by participants in their own context and environment
· Facilitate participant development by applying learning theory and skill acquisition techniques relevant to participants needs, sport specific demands and context
· Facilitate participant development and skill acquisition through positive learning environments and behaviour management strategies
· Facilitate participant development and skill acquisition through technological advancements and wider industry support mechanisms
· Measure the impact of the coaching strategies though analysis of participant, coach, coaching team and organisational perception and performance data
Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING: To respond positively to new and alternative systems, undertaking training and development activities as identified. HEALTH & SAFETY: To comply with relevant health & safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY: To support, promote & comply with the Company's Equality & Diversity policies in the performance of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DATA PROTECTION: The Company requires all staff to maintain a high standard of confidentiality, and any disclosure of information outside the proper and recognised course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence. All staff are also subject to the Data Protection Act.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Sport Coach Level 4 Standard
Functional Skills level 2 if required
Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
Day release delivered once a week at our Basford site
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Sports (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
Personal Qualities: You will be hardworking, extremely organised, with meticulous attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The role will be wide ranging and the ability to prioritise workload and remain calm under pressure is essential!