What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Test and ensure the quality of incoming raw materials and the suitability for use in blending.
- Test and ensure the quality of manufactured products once blended and/or filled.
- Writing of blend sheets for the blending of product.
- Communicate with Blending and Production staff to ensure product quality is always maintained to the highest standards.
- Analyse samples and produce a Certificates of Analysis.
- Ensure the quality of product on out-going tankers by analysing pot samples.
- Produce any relevant paperwork to allow the dispatch of out-going product (Production filled or tanker).
- Assist with support work, including supervision of batches in production, investigation of production problems, finding re-work outlets for redundant product.
- Record keeping including batch sheets, BOM's, works orders, loading sheets, procedures, calibration records and specifications.
- Ensure retained samples are taken and the storage of these samples is maintained.
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Quality Practitioner Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position with the company and potential opportunity to go on to study higher education.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Level 3 in Engineering (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
A levels and or BTEC level 3 essential as this is a level 4 apprenticeship. Company work shift patterns so own transport required.