What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Being first point of contact for system and applications support queries.
- Liaising with end-users to find solutions, fix defects and test them before release.
- Investigating the feasibility of system change requests if required, add functionality by designing and implementing solutions test as above.
- Liaising with customers to write, develop, test and review code. and to support existing applications.
- SQL,HTML and Java knowledge.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Ability to learn quickly, Self starter, Flexible, Passion for IT and technology, Java knowledge is advantageous, Microsoft office skills, SQL/HTML is advantageous, Enthusiastic, Professional attitude Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Any programming, scripting experience will be advantageous.