We have our own software development team at Fleet Factors who develop and support our in-house parts distribution and accounting systems. We are currently developing our own browser-based electronic catalogue which allows our customers to access and order the parts they require.
Full training of our current in-house systems will be provided.
- Design, development and testing of new features and enhancements to our existing applications
- Responsible for regular communication with others in the development process
- Implement, test and bug-fix functionality
- Participate as a team member in fully agile Scrum deliveries
- Provide support to end users
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Proficient in C#
- Familiarity with Relational Databases and SQL
- Strong in Object Oriented Programming, MVC, and Design Patterns.
- Good time-management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- GCSE grade C/4 in Maths and English or equivalent
Things to consider
- The Level4 Apprenticeship in Software Development is a valuable stepping stone to further study such as higher apprenticeships or to employment within a wide range of possible careers.
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change.This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
- Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview.
- Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days.Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
- Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21-22 and £8.91 for anyone aged 23 and over.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).