Media Planning Team Apprentice
Reports to: C4 Senior Media Planner
THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a Business related qualification
The Media Planning & Continuity team sit within Channel 4’s marketing department. It is their responsibility to manage the owned media promotional strategy and allocation of owned inventory across the 4Network, collaborating closely with the wider Marketing and Viewer Experience teams, Channel Management, Presentation and 4Creative.
This apprenticeship would suit someone who:
- Is passionate about TV Broadcasting
- Wants to pursue a career in TV marketing and strategic campaign planning
- Has a keen interest in Channel 4’s marketing and creative output
- Setting up and placing promotional campaigns into the schedule in accordance with Promotional Priorities determined by Marketing and Media Planning
- Checking trail legal certification and suitability
- React to changes in the schedule and update trails accordingly
- Liaise with 4Creative Production, Marketing and Presentation
- General team assistant duties
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good knowledge of Channel 4’s channel portfolio, services and understanding of it’s remit.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- A desire to take responsibility and work on own initiative
- Great organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Level 3 Business Administrator
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- Tell us about a recent marketing campaign for a TV show or TV brand you saw anywhere that really stood out to you and why? (this doesn’t have to be a Channel 4 campaign) (Max 400 words)
- The volume of the 16-34 age group watching live TV has declined over recent years. How do you think we could encourage 16-34’s to come to any of our Channel 4 platforms for content. (Max 400 words)
- As the apprenticeship will involve you balancing a busy job as well as doing a qualification, can you tell us about a time when you have had to display really strong time management skills? (Max 400 words)
- Sum yourself up in a tweet (Max 280 characters
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!