As a national training provider experiencing a period of growth, we are seeking an Administration Apprentice to join our Registration and Certification department.
About the Role
The position exists to provide support in the day-to-day processing of learner achiever registrations and certificates, and other administrative duties.
Daily tasks/responsibilities will include:
- Managing and maintaining learner and employer information on shared platforms
- Maintaining current and updated knowledge of awarding bodies and end point assessment organisations’ regulations
- Carrying out learner registrations
- Archiving files and record maintenance
- Claiming for learners’ certificates
- Working with and across different sectors of the business to support as required
- Posting out learner certificates
- Uploading diplomas and certificates to learners’ portfolios.
About the Company
The Childcare Company and Impact Futures are one of the UK’s largest independently owned training providers.
In our daily mission to deliver outstanding learning and development to our national network of learners, we’re on the lookout for passionate individuals who are looking to build their career with a dynamic and fast-paced industry leader.
Over 3,000 learners currently place their professional development in our hands, with sector specialisms across adult care, clinical healthcare, early years childcare, residential and community childcare, teaching and education or business services careers.
Our Ofsted Grade 2 ‘Good’ accreditation underpins our expertise, and learner-centric delivery is at the heart of our continual operational evolution to ensure our learners receive an outstanding learning journey.
To achieve our ambitious growth plans, we’re constantly looking to recruit high-quality delivery staff to join our vibrant operational teams.
By joining our team, you’ll become part of our LIFE Culture:
- Loyal: we stand by our employees and trust in your knowledge and experience to help us grow and evolve.
- Innovative: we don’t sit quiet if something isn’t working, and we don’t want you to either, operating an open door policy across the organisation to encourage innovation.
- Fun: work without fun, is no fun! We’re focused on making our operational success a fun journey to be a part of. After all, we spend a significant amount of time at work, why would anybody want to make it drab?
- Experts: you join our team as an expert, not just an employee. We know it takes an army of experts to deliver high quality, national training and are invested in your development and growth.
Are you ready to bring learning to LIFE?
About the Applicant
Candidates should be organised, reliable, punctual and able to work to deadlines, and will possess a calm approach to work.
Applicants will ideally hold 4/C grades in Maths & English.
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and accuracy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Microsoft Office user, with Excel skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new processes
- Solution driven
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent timekeeping
- Ability to multitask
- Strong teamworking skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience of data handling/entry
- Experience of or willingness to learn about different online platforms and systems
- Willingness to learn about Education Skills Funding Agency rules and regulations.
About the Training
The apprentice will be enrolled onto the Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship programme. Over 18 months, they will study topics such as understanding an organisation, regulations, policies & processes/procedures, aspects of project management, how to manage performance, planning, organisation & decision making skills, quality and process improvement, business fundamentals and IT & external environmental factors (these subjects may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 certification.
If the successful candidate does not already hold C/4 grades for GCSE Maths and English, they will be able to sit Functional Skills at Level 2 in order to achieve these, if required.
Location: This will be a hybrid role, allowing for the apprentice to work from the office in Slough, SL1 for 2 days a week, and from home the other 3 days a week.
Wage: £18,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week typically worked from 8am - 4.30pm