Duration of Apprenticeship:
Office based in Burnley - role will be remote-therefore it will be working from home.
Salary: £32,000 depending on experience and part qualification.
- Processing and entry of all data required for management and financial reporting at contract/site/service line level (e.g. actuals, forecast) and the production of robust periodic management reports including balance sheet.
- Provide financial and accounting advice to operational group members to enable them to effectively manage their budgets, whilst attending and supporting any management meetings as and when required to ensure that a comprehensive and fully effective financial support is provided to the business.
- Preparation of cash forecasts and provide accurate input into Group cash forecasting, especially in relation to weekly receipt forecasting.
- Help delivering the period end results at contract/site level ensuring all items are accounted for correctly
- Ensure the key assumptions included in the forecast are realistic yet challenging
- Monitor performance against financial and non-financial targets
- Preparation of financial input to Liberata business plan and the development of contract/site forecasts
- Maximise cash management by ensuring invoices are paid within terms and disputes are resolved quickly.
- Ensuring that business cases are prepared with a cash flow, wherever possible with a positive cash contribution across all financial periods.
- Ensure tracking mechanisms are in place for all business performance especially in relation to account development and operational costs
- Support Senior Finance Manager with advice on financial performance data and strategic management information
- Provide coaching and support to non-finance staff
- Advise clients on financial management issues, sound and proper management of organisational resources and the application of controls according to the principles contained within the Delegated Authorities and provide financial information and analysis to Senior Management and Budget Managers
- Production of and the review of forecasts ensuring that any reasons for change are documented and understood (including implications for balance sheet and cash flow)
- Conduct regular monthly review of balance sheet items and accruals providing a robust analysis of variances.
- To help with the production of annual and multi-year forecasts at contract/site/service line level.
- Fully support the closure of the Annual Accounts including completion of year-end packs and the provision of full balance sheet evidence.
- Develop mechanisms at contract level to track and report on key areas of risk, e.g. unsecured account development and/or cost saving initiatives at contract level.
- Completion of monthly contract Management Information packs including analysis of variances and assessment of key risks and opportunities.
- Share and promote best financial practice amongst operational community, pro-actively offering ways of process improvement.
- Ensure that the delegated Authority is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all necessary financial procedures including adherence to procurement activity driving down the level of retrospective purchase orders
- Support and deputise for Regional Operational Accountant as and when required.
- Deliver ad-hoc training courses to non-finance staff.
Company pension scheme, also a comprehensive and market-competitive benefits package you will also be rewarded with access to our benefits programme, Look Inside, which provides easy access to unbeatable discounts for retailers such as Argos, M&S, B&Q, Currys PC World, etc.
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
We advise that applicants who do not already hold a lower level accountancy or tax qualification, a degree, or have related work experience should complete the Level 3 or 4 apprenticeship before progressing onto Level 7.
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- Existing level 4 Accounting qualification
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills
- Pro-active approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Committed to outstanding delivery with strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Solid communication and negotiation skills with the ability to focus on critical matters and to exclude less productive activity
- Confident and unafraid to ask challenging questions.
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to think strategically and laterally
- Apprentice with relevant qualifications for finance role or part qualified accountant
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Have qualifications suitable for financial roles or be part qualified in accountancy
- Preferably already have experience in a financial role or environment
- Candidates will be expected to be able to demonstrate:
- Financial knowledge at a rudimental level
- Advanced Excel skills able to provide practical demonstration of use of pivot tables.