inspired by fast paced, japanese ramen bars, wagamama brings the fresh, flavours of asia to all.
we're not just a company, we're a family whereby our beliefs and shared values create our strong culture epitomized by our people mantra of 'be you, be wagamama'
we take pride in our kitchens; maintenance is a priority + we have state-of-the-art equipment. our standards are high. our ingredients are cooked fresh. we serve hot food when it's ready. you'll find no microwaves or heat lamps here. our open kitchens mean you get to interact with our guests spreading positivity from bowl to soul
you don't need previous kitchen experience or to have worked with asian food before , just a passion for food, a great attitude + a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest!
we have a dedicated 4-week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true wokstar!
as a wagamama apprentice line chef, you'll receive some great benefits
- brilliant hourly rate + a share of staff tips
- weekly pay, every Friday
- flexible shifts
- free meal on shift
- a clean uniform provided every shift
- christmas day off
- opportunity to gain a national qualification through the apprenticeship
- 30% discount at wagamama + when dining with friends + family
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
what you'll do
- depending on the shift you work, you may start as early as 7am or finish as late as midnight
- you'll prepare, cook + present wagamama dishes, following our recipes + specifications
- you'll use fresh ingredients to cook hundreds of dishes for guests every single day
- you'll own one of our four stations - wok, ramen, teppan + fry
- you'll manage a section, ensuring you're set up and ready for service + keeping it clean throughout your shift
- you'll keep our kitchens clean, safe + up to a high standard by following our health + safety procedures and cleaning practices
- you'll work as a team with the other chefs + have each other's backs
- between your daily role responsibilities, you'll complete your apprenticeship in your restaurant, during work hours which includes monthly 1-2-1 facilitated learning sessions with a trainer + weekly independent self-study
- you'll travel to + attend 6 offsite one-day masterclasses at a regional training kitchen venue during your first 12 months