Who we are…?
For more than a century, our organisation has been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our organisation continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the fourth year running.
Which team will I be working in?
As an apprentice, you will be working within our Projects Department within our Animal Health division.
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
The Projects Department provides project engineering, project management and technical expertise in support of the Animal Health Manufacturing and Commercial operations. The team manages and supports small individual contributors’ investments through to multi-disciplined large scale capital investments. The team collaborates with sponsors and users to determine the best outcomes to meet the business needs. Investments are varied and span across Process Manufacturing (including GMP), site services, utility provisions and equipment.
What will my job responsibilities look like?
Our 24-Month Trainee Project Manager Apprenticeship offers an excellent opportunity for those eager to take their first steps into a career in project management.
You will get the opportunity to collaborate and support on a variety of projects throughout your apprenticeship programme that will support you in your learning and achieving your qualifications.
A project management apprentice will get the opportunity to learn:
- About the different types of organisational structures and responsibilities, functions and project phases on different types of projects
- About building and managing relationships with colleagues (e.g. procurement/finance), stakeholders and external third parties (E.g. contracting organisations, utility companies, local Authorities, etc); understanding their perspectives, different interests and levels of influence upon project outcomes
- About project budgeting, forecasting and budget control (e.g. hard/soft costs, direct/indirect, preliminaries, committed costs, etc)
- About scheduling and estimating for project activities and monitoring
- About resource analysis, allocation, and acceptance
- About risk management planning
- About change management
- About procurement processes and contractual agreements
- The structure of our organisation; our products and services we deliver and the sector in which we operate
- The role of the Projects Department, understanding our business strategy and how these apply to your role
- Gain an understanding of our systems, standards, tools and processes we use in our team and how to apply them to required tasks
- Gain an understanding of GMP and Regulatory standards applied to pharmaceutical manufacturing
- About IQ/OQ/PQ Commissioning, Qualification and Validation (CQV) processes
- About the Capital Management Road Map and its implementation
What qualification will I be studying during my apprenticeship?
You will be studying towards the Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship.
How will the apprenticeship be structured?
You will spend 4 days a week working as an employee within the Projects Department and 1 day a week studying towards your qualification. Your studies will be conducted virtually (so you do not need to travel to the college/provider to study).
What you’ll need (Technical Requirements):
- You will have completed your GCSE’s or equivalent studies
- You will have also completed, or you will also need to have completed your further education or equivalent
- On-site presence throughout Monday to Friday
- Occasional requirement to be present at other UK sites (satellite sites)
Qualities we look for:
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Understands and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
Deadline for applications:
11:59pm, Sunday 4 September 2022