Our client is a company that have been working in the environmental and waste management consultancy field for over 20 years. They cover contaminated land, waste classification, waste recycling , waste monitoring , environmental management and other types of environmental consultancy. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic candidate with ideally a relevant degree in environmental science or related discipline to join them as an environmental monitoring technician. The role will be part office and part site based and will require visits to numerous waste recycling centres in order to classify/ monitor and report on waste and recycling activities.
Responsibilities will include:
• Reporting directly to the Senior Consultant responsible for the management of specific projects.
• Working in collaboration with a team of consultants and auditors based within the management systems team.
• Undertaking monitoring and sampling of various materials on sites within the metal recycling industry across the UK.
• Writing and issuing reports based on the outcome of monitoring and sampling events.
• Conducting risk assessments to ensure sufficient controls are in place prior to undertaking site work.
• Collating and analysing data for trend analysis to produce and issue summary reports relating to the sampling of materials and compliance with relevant legislation to clients.
• Collating and analysing data for trend analysis relating to management systems audits to produce and issue summary reports to clients.
MUST HAVE A DRIVING LICENCE