What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice engineer you will be working directly with a senior software developer, on one or more of the following:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Maintaining and enhancing our web application and web services
- Creating mobile applications on iOS & Android
- Testing and improving code quality
- Visiting clients to assess requirements and provide support
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Award: BSc in Computer Engineering
- On the Job Training is in modern business offices in Chiswick, West London
- Off the job training is one a week at LSBU
Continue to a master's degree
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C (Grade Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade BCC) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Any (Grade DMM) Essential Things to consider
Apprentice must enjoy the challenges of software development including frequent technology changes.