- Ensure the ticket queue for the Finance Systems team is managed and prioritised effectively, with incident and service requests being resolved within the SLAs defined.
- Take part in regular stand-ups/team meetings ensure progress is being made against important issues, and voice short-term challenges to manager.
- Forge close working relationships with the rest of the technology teams, such as Applications Support, Infrastructure Support, Data Architect and third-party vendors.
- Where possible, help determine the root causes for issues and support the team in implementing a resolution or workaround.
- Build close working relationship with the Finance team and super user groups.
- Suggests improvements to IT Leadership on ways to increase system and service availability.
- Represent the Finance systems team in cross-departmental meetings and decision-making activities pertaining to your specialist skills such as Change Advisory Board meetings (CAB).
- Take part in vendor relationship meetings in support of the Finance Systems team.
- Creation and maintenance of system documentation.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Keen interest in I.T.
- Understanding of relational databases and their uses.
- Basic computer networking knowledge/Client server technology.
- Competent in the user of Microsoft office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Entry level understanding of T-SQL (select, where, joins statements).
- GCSE Maths and English (A-C grade).
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Attention to detail
Saffery's offers excellent opportunities to develop and grow within the firm. All staff are offered both internal and external training opportunities learn and develop new skills.Things to consider
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us email@example.com you have any queries or would like more details.