What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist with the inhouse team with engineering designs and drawings.
- Assist in the promotion of the Practice's civil and structural engineering services.
- Have enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn.
- Can communicate well across all areas of the business.
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity in business relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ensure duties contributing to projects are completed within timescale, and budget to a high standard.
- Be aware of the financial target associated with their work and endeavour to ensure that best efforts are made to achieve this.
- Excellent computer and IT skills; including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals, sharing information and supporting others.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful candidate will complete a Level 6 Apprenticeship Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering.
- The role is based in our office in Cambridge, Oakington.
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working - we understand a work life balance helps us all.
- The successful candidate's training will be a one day a week release to attend University.
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK (where the role and apprenticeship is based).
- Successful candidate must meet or exceed the entry requirements.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive environment.
- Competitive salaries and earning opportunities.
- Develop with inhouse training and University studies to design. practical engineering solutions in a practical and economic manner.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physical Science (Grade 9-4) Essential Things to consider
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK (where the role and apprenticeship is based). Have genuine interest in Civil and Structural Engineering. Must meet or exceed the entry requirements. Have enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn. Can communicate well across all areas of the business.