What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist with updating all cost control procedures as advised and working within the guidelines set out within the group policies and procedures
- Assist with the compilation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Responsible for general departmental administration
- You will get involved in cost control activities such as cost valuation report's, ultimately monitoring the costings associated with site developments and ensuring that budgets are kept in line with and cost reports are accurate and up to date.
- Assist with compiling reports on costs and cash flows using the support systems available, as well as reports for the Division as required
- Assist with preparation of tenders and procurement of sub-contractors using Group Tender procedures
- Process Subcontract orders, payments and variations, using Excel
- Understand and assist with evaluation and agreement of variations and instructions for smaller trades
- Attend team meetings as required
- Complete general departmental administration
- Provide other appropriate ad hoc duties, and administrative support as and when required
- Maintain relevant filing systems and databases
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Group IT systems
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 6 - Degree Apprenticeship.
- 80% on the job training at Sustainable Building Services (UK) Ltd and 20% off the job training at LJMU.
- 1 day a week, day release to study at LJMU. (Excludes half terms)
- You will have the opportunity to stay and work with us at SBS with your new qualification - Quantity Surveyor.
- We would support any further training towards your career progression.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Various (Grade A*-C) Essential