What will the apprentice be doing?
Attending College to gain level 3 Engineering Manufacturing Technician qualification over a 3-year period
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work along side an Experienced Manufacturing Engineer within Space Engineering at our facilities in Pucklechurch.
- Working on a CNC Bending machine.
- Producing mechanical sub assemblies.
- Creating copper assemblies using Brazing equipment.
- TIG welding assemblies.
- Liaising with the manufacturing design team.
- Work in conjunction with other technical departments within Space Engineering at our facilities in Pucklechurch.
- Attend tier meetings.
- Learn different processes.
- Ensuring all work is completed on time and up to a good standard.
Engineering Manufacturing Technician Level 4.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A value driven approach - it's not just what we do, but how we do it that's important at Space. We're Here for Each Other, Here for our Customers and Here for What Matters.
A willingness to learn and develop not only during college but beyond.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Good team player, Excellent interpersonal skills, An aptitude for learning, Able to work independently, Able to make sound decisions, Wants to make a difference Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade 4 / C) Essential Things to consider
We offer a competitive salary, and all our employees 22 days holiday, rising incrementally to 25, plus bank holidays. Our extensive benefits package includes Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover of 2 x salary, Employee Assistance Programme, Discount scheme including Gyms, Introducers Bonus Scheme, and an excellent pension scheme.