What will the apprentice be doing?
• Be fully accountable for your shop and responsible for ensuring that customers are looked after, and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop.
• Motivate and guide your team to be as successful and efficient as possible
• Lead by example and get stuck in with the day-to-day tasks involved in running one of our busy shops
• Control key costs including payroll, shrinkage and waste
• Meet standards in relation to customer service, cash handling, health & safety, stock management, merchandising and presentation.
• Take responsibility for recruitment, training and development of your team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will receive:
• A retail manager level 4 apprenticeship standard qualification.
• Working towards an ICQ Level 4 Diploma in Retail Knowledge with Babcock Training.
• Completion of an independent end point assessment
• Paid time to complete your apprenticeship coursework.
• Great training and support.
• 30 days holiday each year.
• 15% staff discount to use in any of our shops• Free life assurance.
• Workplace pension.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a 12-15 month training programme and upon successful completion you will be made a permanent employee.
There are many opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We always look to promote our team members internally, and many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops. This could be the start of a rewarding and long-term career for you.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Leadership skills
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. 30 - 40 hours, shifts TBC Opening hours: • Monday to Friday = 8am - 9pm • Saturday = 8am - 8pm • Sunday = 10am to 4pm • Earliest shift start = 6.30am • Latest shift finish = 9.30pm • Stocktake finish time = 9.30pm