What will the apprentice be doing?
You will learn how to:
• Build and test wiring looms and harnesses from technical drawings.
• Work as part of an agile team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Carry out hands-on work competently to set production times.
• Feedback to the Technical Engineers on issues identified and make suggestions for continuous improvement.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Engineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
- Company Training Plan & Assessment.
- BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering (1 day per week for 2 years at college)
- Development Competence Qualification (workplace)
- Level 2 Functional Skills - Maths (If required)
- Level 2 Functional Skills - English (If required)
- End Point Assessment at the end of the apprenticeship
The opportunity to become a skilled Electrical Technician in a growing industry, and work with Engineers to create technical drawings.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent A min of five GCSE's inc English, Science, Maths (Grade 5-9 (C-A*)) Essential
Other Engineering Qualification (Grade Level 3) Essential Things to consider
A flexible attitude to working hours is required.