What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities of role will include;
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Ensure the safe and efficient performance of every production task in compliance with company procedures, approved engineering data and local Health and Safety requirements.
- Manage internal and/or Supplier Quality Notifications, and liaison with the required stakeholders for resolution.
- Carry out new product introduction and/or existing product modifications within engineering and/or manufacturing by contributing to activities such as facilitation of quality activities (including any testing and/or commissioning requirements), supplier approvals, gate reviews.
- Produce and maintain reports measuring Key Performance Indicators for data management activities.
- Liaise with appropriate internal and external stakeholders at all levels to ensure that engineering and manufacturing operations are completed in line with the agreed time scales.
- Resolve identified engineering and/or manufacturing problems such as:- contributing to the route cause analysis exercise applying appropriate levels of containment and corrective action.
- Produce engineering and/or manufacturing documentation (such as:- Build Manuals, Standard Operating Instructions/processes, Bill of Materials) to aid and ensure consistent, compliant and cost effective manufacturing processes.
The candidate will follow a Level 4 Apprenticeship programme and study towards a Standard Manufacturing Technician. This training will be structured and delivered by Cheshire College - South & West. If the candidate does not hold GCSE grades A-C (9-4) or equivalent, they will be required to complete a Level 2 Functional Skill in the relevant subject.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of apprenticeship, possible full-time position at the company.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Polite, Honest, Willingness to learn, Flexible Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired