What will the apprentice be doing?
The role is varied and whilst some details will change on a project by project basisthe main details will remain constant and will include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assisting in the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Liaising with external bodies to gain approval to issued designs.
- Supervised site visits to view construction of designed schemes.
- Use of AutoCAD and other computerised design systems.
- Assisting design teams with civil engineering solutions on construction projects and ensuring dimensional control of construction projects
- Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
- Contribute to the minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Control the quality of works on a construction project
- Supervision of specialist contractors
- Contribute to the control of health and safety on construction projects
Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship - Construction Site Engineering TechnicianWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Be keen to develop their own individual skills and to ensure they are fully engaged with their ongoing career and skills development
- Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company followingsuccessful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential