What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Manual testing to identify bugs in systems.
- Writing test cases.
- Liaising with the test lead to give visibility of reported faults and progress.
- Learning about technical configuration and DB scripting.
- Learning about testing best practices.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
- Level 4 national certificate.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Team working, Patience, Methodical, logical mind, Strong communications skills, High attention to detail, Enthusiasm for learning Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Flexible working. Although it varies most team members come into the office 2-3 days a week. Various voluntary benefits from our benefits package such as dental insurance, travel insurance, cycle to work. Up to 1-week paid charitable leave.