What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working within the QA team to test websites against our QA Checklist: https://www.abitgooey.com/qa-checklist/
- Working with software such as BugHerd, Codebase, Google Insights and W3C to test and log issues for developers to action.
- Working closely with the developers to ensure projects are delivered on brief and to high standard.
- Giving feedback to developers in a clear and concise way.
- Working closely with the Project and Account Managers to manage project timings and expectations
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
Document and report test results.
Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-testerWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Team working, Ability to multi-task Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4,5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4,5) Essential Things to consider
Benefits: • Remote or office based, or both. • Flexi-time • 28 days holidays • Pension scheme