What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist with process improvement and compliance to deliver high-quality software products and services successfully and consistently on a timely basis.
- Work across teams to enhance quality functional testing by identifying and helping to implement initiatives that will improve capability and efficiency.
- Ensure results of root cause analysis are addressed.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Escalate issues and decisions to senior QA team members.
- All duties as assigned.
- Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 DevOps Engineer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Write scripts and coding to meet your business' needs.
- Develop and deploy software and cloud infrastructure.
- Build and operate a continuous integration CI capability.
- Implement and improve release automation and orchestration.
- Use security tools and techniques for software development.
- Evolve and define IT architecture.
- Follow test driven development and ensure appropriate coverage.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working, Knowledge of software products, Good work ethic Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential