Based in our busy kitchen at our site in Harrogate, duties would be ; You will assist the other chefs whilst working in a team producing good quality ; Duties and responsibilities will include:Tasks could include, but not limited to,
- the preparation of food
- cooking by following recipes
- assembly of dishes
- moving stock
- compliance and completion of H&S legislation
- catering for staff daily
There is no supervision of other staff. Main Responsibilities WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship.
This is a nationally recognised qualification and the primary objective of the Commis Chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. You will be supported through this qualification by your Personal Development Coach who will visit you at your place work every 6-10 weeks. You will also attend 6 workshops including an Introduction day at a location outside your normal place of work. All travel expenses will be covered by your employer. You are not expected to complete any of your Apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete Ideal Candidate
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a "can do" attitude
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food
- A strong interest to have a career in cooking
- Keen and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
- Able to work well with others
What We ll Give: APPRENTICE COMMIS CHEFSALARY:
GBP ;per hourLOCATION:
Compass Group UK & Ireland, Harrogate, Yorkshire. HG3 2SEREPORTING TO:
Darren CookHOURS/WORKING PATTERN:
hours per week (5 out of 7 days)DURATION:
Minimum 12 monthsDo you have a real passion for cooking and would love a career as a Chef? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Commis Chef to join our team at Compass Group UK & Ireland, Harrogate.You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over a 12-15 month period you will be trained to become a fully Qualified Commis Chef.