Are you looking to start your career in IT? Would you like to work with technology that supports a great cause and helps the lives of others?
We are National Childbirth Trust, known as NCT, the UK’s biggest parent charity, supporting parents through the first 1,000 days to have the best possible experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
We are looking for a tech-savvy apprentice who aspires to develop a career within the IT sector. As part of a small IT team, we will give you a supportive and nurturing working environment and the opportunity to have a varied, interesting and tech-focused work experience.
You will be providing daily support to the IT requirements of our NCT colleagues, members, volunteers, students, suppliers and customers. You will learn how to:
- Use our helpdesk system to offer 1st line IT Support and escalation.
- Set up new starters across our systems and remove leavers.
- Assess user needs, set up and issue IT equipment, and manage assets.
- Work independently, as part of the IT team and with external suppliers.
- Work in a hybrid organisation, supporting in the office and home-working users.
- Work extensively with MS Office 365, MS 365 Admin, MS Windows Servers, MS Windows 10 and active directory are required as well as open-source systems.
- Learn and operate our NCT systems including servers in our Bristol office and in the cloud, web-based and desktop applications, along with our telecommunications systems.
During your apprenticeship, you will be studying for your Level 3 Information Communications Technician Qualification, delivered by Professional Apprenticeships, who have been named the Best Apprenticeship Provider in the regional awards and achieved the highest rating by Ofsted.
During this apprenticeship, you will learn a vast range of knowledge, skills and behaviours, covering topics such as principles of hardware, software and IT support, cyber security, cloud and mobile technologies, technical problem solving and so much more.
NCT value their team highly and fully support development opportunities. They are looking for someone to handle much of the day-to-day technical problem solving across the business. The right person will be proactive, enjoy solving technical problems, get a buzz out of helping less technical people to be productive with technology and motivated to learn. This person can look forward to exciting progression opportunities following the apprenticeship.
NCT is a not-for-profit organisation, that provides services to support their community, not to make a profit for shareholders. For them, this means the working atmosphere is focused on a charitable mission, and people tend to be committed but more relaxed, positive, and encouraging. All the tasks you do will be essential to the operation and growth of the charity.
- Office dress is more casual
- The office is called Brunel House, a spacious Georgian house, on the Promenade, in Clifton.
- Hybrid working - Office Tuesday to Thursday, with Monday and Friday homeworking
- Staff events throughout the year, possibly in other cities around the country
- 5 minutes' walk to Clifton Village, the Clifton Suspension bridge, and Clifton downs from the office.
- Good bus, train and cycle links, an on-site sheltered bike park and car parking a few minutes way if required
- The team enjoy sharing their personalities, interests, hopes and dreams where they feel comfortable
- 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays each year.
- Pension scheme matching employees' contributions up to 5%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Generous Family Friendly Policy covering paid maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave.