To support the accounts payable supervisor to ensure supplier's invoices are efficiently and accurately processed and/or reconciled- in line with the business processes and the company’s commercial needs within your specific business remit. Supporting the accounts payable team with day-to-day tasks.
Monday to Friday (9 AM - 5 PM)
Total hours per week: 37.5 hours a week
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a successful finance clerk, you will positively contribute to the success of the accounts payable team, within your specific business remit. You will support entering and processing all incoming invoices in line with internal procedures, by supporting the payment to vendors by resolving any account queries and enabling reconciled accounts.
- Has a strong understanding of full accounts payable
processes in a high-volume environment.
- Good working knowledge of Accounting practices, specifically
- Ability to effectively collaborate with both internal and external
customers to reach mutually agreeable outcomes – whilst
always putting CitySprint’s brand first
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build successful/strong stakeholders relationships
across all functions.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and meets deadlines.
- Effective upkeep & knowledge of internal systems and processes.
- Ability to work autonomously where required.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Adapts positively to change
- Ability to reprioritise tasks/workload in line with changing
- Proactively reviews and monitors ways of working to ensure best practices and streamline processes to maximise efficiency.
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and develop
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a full-time apprenticeship where every month you will have a visit with a trainer to help and coach you through your apprenticeship whilst gaining experience within your employment.
- By the end of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the Business admin L3 qualification and my also be offered a full-time role after completion.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
In the future, we will help to guide you with new opportunities and the chance to progress within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Analytical skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent Maths / English (Grade 4/C) desirable
About the employer
CitySprint is a nationwide same-day courier with a local, personal feel. Fast, super-responsive, and adaptive to your exact challenges and priorities. In short, an extension of your business. Whatever your sector, we’re ready to streamline the delivery process, help you to get things done safely and efficiently, and grow. From healthcare to high tech, manufacturing to publishing, CitySprint puts customers at the heart of everything we do.
CITYSPRINT (UK) LIMITED
Ground Floor Redcentral
60 High Street
TRAINING EVENT SAFETY SOLUTIONS LTD
Level 3 (A level)