Fridays is looking for a Chef Apprentice to join the family!
Operating within a Friday's kitchen. Your role is to prepare food that guarantees an amazing experience for guests, so they keep coming back and tell the world how much they love us. You will deliver at the required company standards and meet food quality, safety and margin targets. You will treat the kitchen as if it were your own and understand the impact your role has on the success of the business.
To prepare a wide variety of foods according to recipe requirements and to adhere to product sensitivities and plate presentation.
To ensure that all prepared food meets Fridays food safety and quality standards and the kitchens performance delivers its targets through a People First, Guest Obsessed, Operational Excellence Strategy.
- Supporting newly hired Team Members to complete their training plan.
- Sets high standards for self and other teammates recognises and celebrates other's successes
- Lives the Fridays Values and the Fridays Feeling. Inspires others creating a work environment where people are inspired to do their best.
- Works in an ethical and inclusive manner and with collaboration by sharing knowledge and working practices.
- Reviews self and takes responsibility to recognise mistakes and takes ownership for correcting them.
- Leads OJE's confidently and professionally.
- Demonstrating flexibility when responding to Guest needs and works in an environment of respect, understanding, caring, and fairness.
- Has a guest focus mindset even with little or no direct contact with Guests.
- Interacts with Guests in a positive, energetic and sincere manner.
- Maintains high standards at all times and delivering target food satisfaction scores.
- Act as a brand ambassador, celebrating the Fridays Feeling in everything we do.
- Supports a culture of driving the top line through kitchen team engagement to drive performance.
- Looking at operational excellence and food quality to improve sales results.
- Ensures sales success by working at pace to adhere to ticket times.
- Has sight of kitchen progress against food quality and other metrics determined by Friday's & supports any action to improve results.
- Commitment and delivery of brand standards and all aspects of H&S for both teams and guests, taking personal accountability as if it were their own kitchen.
- Ensure food quality by following 5 key points of quality + maintaining high levels of cleanliness, rejecting and food that does not meet Friday's standards.
- Ensures that all prepared food meets Friday's standard of excellence, 100% recipe adherence, and adheres to product sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of station. Breaks down and cleans prep area, walk-ins and freezers thoroughly daily.
Your apprenticeship offers:
-Day to day training at work & a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis by one of our expert coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or MS Teams.
-The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
At Fridays you'll be working towards your Production Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.