What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working as part of a software development team on various stages of the software engineering lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, testing).
- Assisting with maintenance of the IT Infrastructure (Microsoft Server, Linux Servers, and various software tools and applications).
- Training in software development, and various languages.
- Working within an Agile software development environment.
- Collaborating with the team and other stakeholders to achieve successful delivery of high-quality software products.
- Developing software whilst studying to obtain a full honours Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions - Software Engineer Pathway.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Digital and Technology Soutions Level 6.
- Software Engineer pathway.
- Regular day release to attend lectures and be a full participant at University Centre Weston.
- Location of training - Bristol or Weston Super Mare.
- Off the job training.
- In house training.
Potential for a full time job offer, however this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Number skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Required to have Level 3 qualification (BTEC or A levels) in Maths, IT or Science.