What will the apprentice be doing?
Most of the week will be spent doing accounting jobs with a small section of each day allocated to admin.
Time allocated for studies, which will be undertaken either face to face at college or online.
The aim is for the candidate to assist the client managers in their day-to-day jobs, completing the majority of the groundwork for the different clients they have. This will free up the time of the client managers to enable them to complete higher priority jobs. We are a small team so there is great opportunity for the candidate to grow into the role and become a key member of staff, depending on the candidate's willingness to learn new skills, progress quickly with their studies and show commitment to their development.
Duties to include:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Quarterly VAT Returns.
- Sole Traders and Partnership accounts.
- Limited Company accounts.
- Management accounts, using cloud accounts software.
- Chasing clients for records and helping them with queries.
- Some admin tasks, eg, filing, archiving, making tea for clients etc.
- Dealing with queries using Microsoft outlook, telephone.
- Keeping company checklists up to date.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new clients.
Tax and Payroll:
- Completing Sole trader and Partnership tax returns.
- Completing Corporation tax computations.
- Using Sage Line 50 Payroll for Weekly/Monthly wages.
ACA is a great option if you're looking to become a chartered accountant and work in accountancy and finance. It opens a wealth of opportunities, as you can specialise in specific areas or sectors, or work broadly across multiple industries. You'll also need to have 450 practical work experience days.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Certificate Level: You'll be introduced to the essentials of accountancy, finance, and businesses. You'll learn about double-entry accounting, assurance, business and technology, law, management, and taxation.
- Professional Level: This level teaches you how to apply technical knowledge to real-life scenarios. You'll deepen your knowledge on financial reporting, audit and assurance, tax compliance, finance management, business strategy, and business planning.
- Advanced Level: You will give you the skills to understand how accountancy and finance works within businesses. You'll learn about corporate reporting and strategic business management.
Opportunity to get experience in preparing annual and management accounts, payroll, VAT, company and personal tax returns and advising clients.
Opportunity to use cloud accounting packages, accounting and tax software.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential Things to consider
Salary: The salary for this role is £10,000 - £16,000 depending on experience. Benefits Include: 20 days plus statutory holidays.