Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
Need an exciting new challenge?
Change your career and become an engineer!
Interested in Engineering? We are looking for Trainee Engineers to join our growing Fire Suppression Engineering Team. We offer paid training, recognized qualifications and career development!
What you will do
We have a rare opportunity for a Trainee Engineer to embark on our 18-month fast track training programme which will promote your career change. You will undertake a Level 2 Intermediate Engineering Operative Apprenticeship, which will develop your knowledge, skill and behaviours. In addition, Johnson Controls will support your journey to a qualified Fire Suppression Mechanical Engineer through on-the-job training, day-to-day guidance and a mentorship programme. As specialists in our market, we will train you in how to service, test and repair Fire Suppression systems and equipment in accordance with relevant service standards and specifications. After this training you will graduate and move into a permanent engineering position with Johnson Controls, where you can continue to develop your skills further.
How you will do it:
The successful candidate will:
• Install, Test, Commission, Service and Maintain Mechanical Fire Suppression systems in accordance with relevant industry service and maintenance standards.
• Provide services in a safe and responsible manner, to avoid injuries and damage to property and to a benchmarked level of quality and compliance.
• Install associated pipework, fittings, joints, heads and hangers in accordance with the relevant drawings and specifications.
• Fully document any changes, deficiencies, or deviations on new and existing systems.
• Accurately complete internal Engineers work reports, all associated relevant test and completion certification and documentation as appropriate.
• Demonstrate the ability to adapt to and work within various working environments from client premises to construction sites and demonstrate the ability to minimize risk, observe company and site policies, maintain a clean and safe work area and ensure a clean Health and Safety record.
• Provide excellent Customer Service to meet the expectations and requirements of both our internal and external customers, while establishing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, system users and Building Owners/Occupiers.
What we look for:
• Full UK Drivers License
• The right to work in the UK
• Ability to work at heights, in complex spaces and carry tools and equipment
• You will be required to attend block training weeks for which you will receive accommodation and a meal allowance
• An interest in engineering
• Motivation to learn
• Excellent punctuality and timekeeping
• Self-motivated and driven
• Experience in a customer facing role
• GCSE Math’s and English grade E or 2 or functional skills.
What you will get:
If you are successful we can offer you a company that promotes work life balance, a committed to continued learning and development, access to mental health support, a brilliant benefits package which includes a competitive salary, pension, life assurance, employee assistance program, employee referral scheme, discount on Johnson Controls security products including ADT Smart Home plus voluntary schemes for childcare vouchers, cycle to work, eye care vouchers and holiday purchase.
Please add a copy of you Driving Licence & GCSE results to your application