We are excited to announce we have an opportunity for 2 x Business Support Administration Apprentices to support our Occupational Therapy out-patient services.
We are looking for high motivated and enthusiastic candidates who want to start an exciting career in business administration.
These posts will be based at Worcestershire Royal and Alexandra Hospital and will support our very busy out-patient services delivering responsive care, demonstrating effectiveness and will assist the Business Support Administrator lead and Occupational Therapy Manager with continued modernisation of the service.
The key duties of the apprenticeship posts will be:
- To provide data inputting using the OASIS system, partially booking and recording activity carried out within out-patient patients during OT assessment and treatment sessions.
- To assist provide reception duties for the Occupational Therapy out-patient services
- Receive and make work related telephone calls and take accurate messages, respecting patient and staff confidentiality.
- Provide general administration support to Occupational Therapy department, including typing, dealing with post and correspondence, photocopying, scanning, laminating.
- To support the Out-patient Services Business Support Administrator ensuring smooth running of reception , completion of required administrative and clerical tasks and out-patient activity collection
- To log maintenance and IT requests and follow up on calls.
- To assist with housekeeping duties within the departments, ensuring security of the department and its property.
- To comply with the trusts policies and procedures
It would be beneficial that you have a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle in order to work flexibly across all sites, when required. However, this isn't essential as the posts will require you to work more statically on the one site you are required.
The post offers many opportunities to grow and develop your skills, full training will be provided and you will be supported by the therapists and other Therapy Services administration teams.
For further information, please contact Charlotte Jack (Occupational Therapy Services Manager) at Charlotte.Jack@nhs.netImportant information about your application **** Please be aware job adverts may close before the published closing date, if we have a high volume of applications, we recommend getting your application in as quickly as possible.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is an equal opportunities employer and supports flexible working. We offer excellent learning and development opportunities, career progression, and are part of the NHS pension scheme. All of our sites are completely smokefree. We are proud to have achieved Timewise accreditation - this means we are committed to embedding flexible working within our organisation as a flex positive employer. Guidelines on COVID Vaccinations Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust encourages and supports staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19. The Trust continue to support the COVID vaccination and believe that all staff should be fully vaccinated to protect themselves, their families, their colleagues and our patients. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
- You must fulfil all of the essential criteria in the person specification
- References from current and previous employers must cover at least three years
- Due to the large number of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- All correspondence will be sent through NHS Jobs, so please check NHS jobs and your email account regularly
- If you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion
- By accepting a position within our Trust you agree that the Occupational Health Department can access your occupational health records from your current or previous employer in order to check the status of your inoculations and screening tests. This is an automated process and the information will only be used for these purposes prior to your taking up the position with us.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order (as amended) and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Tier 2/skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website .
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2/skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement.
For further advice, please visit Applying from overseas .