What will the apprentice be doing?
Roles and responsibilities:
· Plan digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, and social media and contribute to social media strategy.
· Design and Maintain Hey Me Social Media accounts presence across all digital platforms (Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook), and manage google AdWords, search terms, etc., to build on social media following and social media engagement.
· Create appealing graphics.
· Measure and Report on the performance of Hey Me digital marketing campaigns.
· Identify trends and insights and optimise spend and performance based on the insights.
· Grow the website traffic and enable digital growth.
· Analyse end-to-end consumer experience in different digital channels.
· Work closely with colleagues to develop and maintain all elements of client communications in a professional and efficient manner.
· Develop well-crafted, engaging client content (e.g., blogs, whitepapers, editorial content, press releases, award entries etc.)
· Work with the team to develop well thought out, engaging social media campaigns for Hey Me (and clients as required).
· Input into monthly client reports, using social media and web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics).
· Monitor the trade and national media, delivering weekly reports to the Social Media and Communications Executive/Senior Communications Executive.
· Provide day to day support to the team with admin tasks, as well as media coverage activities, and collate data as requested and populating into desired output, e.g., reports.
· Research and identify any potential new business opportunities for Hey Me and ensure there is a steady stream of content from Hey Me's own channels.
· Support the senior Hey Me team on messaging and audit workshops, as and when required.
· Where necessary, attend networking and industry events across the UK.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for a Bsc (hons) Professional Practice in Digital marketing on this apprenticeship.
The role will mainly be remote however, the Digital Marketing Executive will be expected to work at least one day a week from our Virtual Office in Harrogate, and will benefit from workshops held at Leeds Trinity University, along with remote workshops via MS Teams. Each year you'll spend approximately 15 days at university, receiving high quality teaching and tuition.
The workshops will be in 2 day blocks, helping to maximise your learning in a nurturing and professional environment.
Throughout the programme, apprentices are assessed via various methods including, reports, presentations, professional
discussions, assignments and work-based projects.
Apprentices will also create a portfolio of evidence throughout the programme in order to allow them to demonstrate how youhave achieved the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Apprenticeship Standard. Evidence may include reports,
reflective logs and formative assessments.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will have opportunities to undertake further training to support your career progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative
GCSE or equivalent maths & english (Grade 4-9) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subject (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
We are looking for the following Skills, knowledge, and experience (Essential/Desirable): • Passion for communications, marketing and PR (ideally with some form of experience in the industry) - E • Experience of producing creative content for social media (e.g., graphics, videos) - E • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write engaging and succinct copy, in both short and long form for social channels and the website - E • Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to work as both part of a team and alone - E • Proactive and self-motivated in approach to work - E • Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel - E • Strong organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines - E • Excited by the prospect of growing a small business - E • Strong interest in digital communications and engagement tactics, tools, and techniques - E • Ability to use design software (e.g., Canva) - D • Experience of dealing in media relations (reactive or proactive) - D • Experience managing and delivering social media campaigns - D • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities - D