What will the apprentice be doing?
We are seeking a motivated and professional individual to work as part of South Essex Homes' Housing Community Safety Team who work in partnership with a wide range of partner agencies including the Police, Southend City Council, Social Care & other public & private sector organisations.
Duties will include:
· Receiving reports of ASB & assessing risk of victims
· Identify safeguarding concerns & make appropriate referrals
· Working with residents to develop community safety initiatives to help them feel safe in their homes and neighbourhoods
· Working with partners to develop effective solutions
· Recording all case information
· Managing and prepare cases for court action including taking statements
· Work with victims of domestic abuse to support and assist them with their housing and help take appropriate enforcement action against the perpetrators
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will work to achieve the Anti-Social Behaviour and Community Safety Officer Level 4 (Higher National Certificate) qualification. This is expected to take 2 years and 3 months to complete.
Training will be on the job as well as blended classroom and face to face training provided by Resolve College.
This Level 4 Apprenticeship standard is designed for those new to the housing sector & those wishing to upskill or change their career path within the sector.
The programme focuses on the theories and practices needed to effectively respond to reports of ASB & Community safety issues including:
· Investigation techniques
· The harm centred approach
· Informal and formal resolution tools
· Working effectively with partner & enforcement agencies
· Providing appropriate support and legal processes
Throughout the programme the Apprentice will build up a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and behaviours they have developed which will be assessed during the End Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
South Essex Homes aims to provide all our apprentices with transferable qualifications and work experience to help them achieve a future career with us or with another employer. There is no guarantee of a permanent position at the end of the Apprenticeship however opportunities and vacancies will arise which Apprentices can apply for. Also as a South Essex Homes employee you will be able to apply for any vacancies advertised internally.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Ability to prioritise, Willingness to learn, Flexible approach, Occasional unsociable hours, Able to travel around city
GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
Things to consider
South Essex Homes has a hybrid pattern of working which means the apprentice may need to work from one of our offices, out on the estates that we manage or from home. Full driving licence desirable but not essential