About the apprenticeship
• Control/eradication of invasive plant species by hand pulling, stem injection, foliar application, mechanical removal and felling techniques.
• Use of mapping/GPS software on handheld device for indicating target area and assisting with accurate site information.
• Maintenance of equipment i.e Re-charging battery operated tools, Cleaning down of equipment, PPE and power tools, sharpening of any cutting equipment.
• Use of wood chipper and plant machinery.
• Tree planting (winter season)
• Transport physical resources with in the work area.
You must be very fit and have the desire to work outdoors in all weather.
Our work takes us across very steep and exposed terrain, wetland areas, and harsh environments and therefore is not suited to all, so please consider carefully if this is for you.
Business address is used for administration purposes only. All work will be carried out at various sites across North West Wales.
• enthusiastic and positive approach to work
• The ability to work carefully and methodically to clear instruction
• excellent management skills, including the ability to plan, organise and make decisions
• communication skills to work efficiently within the team and to build good relationships with Landowners, local authorities and the public
• written skills to produce reports
• the ability to use computers, for tasks such as recording site visits and report writing
• willingness to keep up to date with health and safety, first aid and industry relevant legislation
• a full driving licence
• an awareness of environmental issues
• NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe use of Pesticides Units PA1 & PA6.
• NPTC Unit PA6-INJ Stem injection.
• NPTC Unit PA6-AW Application to or near water.
• NPTC Units 201, 202 - Chainsaw Maintenance, Crosscutting & Felling Small Trees Up To 380mm
• NPTC Unit 222 - City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Manually Fed Woodchipper
• EFAW+F - Emergency First Aid at Work + Forestry.
Welsh Spoken Skills: Yes Welsh Written Skills: Yes
Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Training provider course:
About the employer
Celtic Rainforest Services
Upper Hill Street, Bethesda
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interviews will be held at a college site