Prestige Fleet Servicing, part of the AA since 2019, provides service, maintenance and repair (SMR) work, as well as MOTs, for fleet vehicles across the UK.
Established in 2005 for private drivers, since 2007 we’ve been providing SMR services to leasing companies and large corporate fleets though an independent network of approved garages and now serve over 60% of the sector.
We're a highly experienced and motivated team, focused on delivering outstanding customer service, powered by our bespoke system Unity, to companies of all sizes across B2B (Fleet, leasing, SME), B2C (Retail, affiliate schemes, grey fleet) and used vehicle warranty sector.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
As an Apprentice IT Service Desk Technician, you'll assist in the installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person.
Working as part of the IT Support Team, you'll cover one or more areas of expertise, covering Network, Hardware, Software and Phone systems and lines, supporting and assisting the evolution of the existing platforms.
The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems and to have the willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the IT service assisting other teams where required from helpdesk, support through to desk rollouts and implementation.
- Keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems
- Incident and problem management
- Provide exceptional Service support to the business
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and Problems
- Contribute to polices, processes and procedures
- Install, configure and maintain computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Configure and manage telephone system directly and by managing 3rd party suppliers
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s)
- Prioritising and managing several open cases at one time
- Establishing a good working relationship with the business and 3rd party’s
- Administer backups and restores
- Supporting Users on both hardware and Software applications
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Administer Microsoft 365
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues and de-activation of existing accounts
- Manage inventory for IT hardware and consumables
- Replace parts as required
Working with the Technical Support Officer, the Apprentice IT Service Desk Technician, will be responsible for providing system access to internal Prestige staff.
- Put customers first
- Own it and deliver
- Safeguard what matters
- Work as a team
- Speak up
Health and safety requirements:
Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
Under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), the jobholder must abide by the following conduct rules:
First Tier – Individual Conduct Rules
Rule 1. You must act with integrity.
Rule 2. You must act with due care, skill and diligence.
Rule 3. You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
Rule 4. You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
Rule 5. You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
The Individual / What we are looking for:
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems and desktop applications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent written communication skills
- Past experience using helpdesk applications
- MS 365 Administration
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
- A technically orientated driven individual who is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
- Opportunity to gain a full-time role
- Increase in salary to 14k when competent
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.