Who you’ll be working for:
Lionheart Education Trust is currently made up of a family of fourteen schools based in and around Leicestershire. Each one of our schools is unique in that it reflects the students and local community in which they are a part. This is something we are very proud of within the Trust. The schools share best practice and ensure our students have an exceptional educational journey whilst at the same time having their own character.
What’s in it for you:
As a QA apprentice, you’ll gain on-the-job experience, earn a salary, and receive all your training at no cost to you. With our career progression pathways, you can take your learning as far as you want – all the way from a Level 3 apprenticeship to a Bachelor or Masters degree, completely debt-free.
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
The employer offers excellent benefits including:
- Free parking available on site
- Inclusion in Benenden Healthcare Scheme
- Apprentices are eligible to join the pension scheme after one year of employment
You will be responsible for:
- Installing and maintaining the school’s IT estate covering both hardware and software
- Providing first line support to staff, students and parents via face-to-face, telephone and email communication
- Investigating, analysing, evaluating and resolving problems with ICT equipment and systems; implementing repairs if necessary and updating relevant ticketing systems
- Ensuring that all documentation is updated in line with department processes
- Ensuring that the Trusts IT hardware and software inventory is accurately maintained
- Using industry standard imaging/deployment tools
- Supporting out of hours events on a rota basis
- Visiting other schools in the Trust to provide support as required
- Performing any other duties and tasks which may be assigned by the Senior Technician
You will need the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products especially the latest version of Office
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware including PC's, Laptops, projectors, printers, interactive devices and mobile devices
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand new technologies
- Good written, verbal, communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to relate positively to young people.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach
Additionally, the following skills would be beneficial:
- An interest in computer hardware especially PC and Apple
- An interest in mobile device software and how they can be used in an educational environment.
- An interest in networking technologies/protocols
- Good organisational and time management skills
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here: https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.