We are an accredited re-seller offering AV equipment, hardware, software and printer consumables from a range of leading vendors across the UK.
AJ Technology are looking to hir a IT Customer Support Apprentice for an established helpdesk team.
The role will be based out of the companies Birchwood office.
We will provide you with all the tools, training and systems you need to be able to provide first class customer service to our customers. We have created a working environment where you can be yourself and make a real contribution to how the support team and wider business functions operate on a day-to-day basis.
You will display ‘a can do attitude’ and use your ‘problem solving ‘ skills daily. You also won’t be afraid of wearing multiple hats and going above and beyond for our customers. One of our goals is to outshine the competition, you will play a major part in achieving this.
You should have a detailed understanding of how fibre networks work and have demonstrable knowledge of supporting both residential and business customers. We need someone who stays calm under pressure and isn’t afraid of pushing themselves.
- Act as escalation point for 1st line support
- Diagnosing and resolving faults
- Escalating faults to 3rd line teams
- Logging all faults / enquiries on our internal CRM
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and internal departments to get faults resolved within agreed SLA’s
- Placing orders on 3rd party portals
- Keeping customers informed of order progress
- Helping with Internal projects
What we are looking for:
Skills and experience:
- Have a good understanding of TCP / IP protocols
- UK Driving License
- 12 months experience working in a help desk environment within a telecoms environment
- Experience of configuration, administration and management of network services, eg VPN, Radius, IP address allocation planning
- Understand IP networks
- Experience with supporting / Provisioning EAD, EoFTTC and FTTP
- Experience of being a team player
- Working towards / exceeding weekly and monthly department KPI’s
Highly desirable / beneficial to have:
- Experience of Sonar
- Experience of supporting Voip
- Experience with Mikrotic
- Experience with RIPE
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£16,000 - £21,000 per annum.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.