What will the apprentice be doing?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Site Manager to join our business. The purpose of the role is to assist the Site Manager with the responsibility for all on site construction activities, reporting on a regular basis to the Contracts Manager.
Looking to start your construction career with a small, family-owned construction company where you will have the opportunity to work on projects ranging from £250,000 - £10m across the West Midlands?
Our recent clients include Aston University, Coventry City Council, University of Wolverhampton, Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust and Sandwell Council.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside one of our five delivery teams and gain project experience across a range of sectors.
You will have the benefit of working directly with a Contracts Manager and Site Manager, receiving one-to-one mentoring and guidance.
Great opportunity to become part of close-knit team, develop practical skills and expand your knowledge of the construction industry.
The role will be predominantly site-based.
· Proactively support the Site Manager in their day-to-day activities
· Liaising with and develop good relationships with subcontractors;
· Working alongside Site Manager to help supervise subcontractors and ensure health & safety measures are in place;
· Contribute and attend site progress meetings with the client;
· Maintain up-to-date records and project documentation, including O&M manuals;
· Assisting with the printing and collations of drawings when required
· Assist in the forward planning of on-site activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Some construction site experience
- CSCS card
- Full driving license and access to a car;
- Passion and knowledge of the construction industry;
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office i.e., Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Enthusiastic and willingness to learn;
- Ability to work within a team and use own initiative;
- Honest and trustworthy.
The successful candidate will receive full on the job training from experienced colleagues on-site.
You would attend College one day a week and be visited in the work place by your assessor to help guide you along the work required. There will then be an end point assessment at the end and on completion you would gain a Construction site management (degree) (level 6).What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This qualification and experience will massively improve your employability and prospects for the future.
There may be opportunities for you to apply for or progress into within the company on completion however it is impossible to make any promises at this stage as it relies and several factors.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Professional, Flexible, Willing to learn, Outgoing Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C+/4+ or Functional Skill L2+) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C+/4+ or Functional Skill L2+) Essential
Other CSCS (Grade Pass) Desired
Other Driving License (Grade Pass) Desired
Other L3 / L4 in Construction related qualification (Grade Pass) Desired Things to consider
Head office based in Wombourne, WV5 8AP. Construction sites based across the West Midlands region. Successful candidates will need to flexible in working location. Find out more on our website and LinkedIn Company Page: www.interclass.co.uk