We are currently looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice to join us at Tops Day Nurseries to complete their Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Education in our setting in Wimborne.
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon. The successful applicant of this position will be joining our nursery based at Wimborne.
Situated in the heart of Wimborne town centre Tops Wimborne is an exciting, caring nursery with a great team, some of which started as apprentices with the nursery! Employees benefit from being minutes away from the popular Wimborne Market, ‘The Square’ which is home to a variety of different shops and convenient transport links to the nursery!
This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a fantastic setting that is part of a large nursery group across the South West who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care with several benefits.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting care homes)
- Taking children on trips out and assist on picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in child care. You will need to take this role seriously, and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.