We are currently looking to recruit a Childcare Apprentice to join us at Tops Day Nurseries to complete their Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification in Early Years Education.
Here at Tops Day Nurseries we have an outstanding reputation in delivering the best quality childcare across the South-West, operating nurseries and play clubs across Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Devon. The successful applicant of this position will be joining our Mini Mariners nursery based in Taunton.
Tops Mini Mariners is a family centred environment nursery situated just outside of the heart of Taunton town centre. Employees benefit from being minutes away from a variety of different amenities such as cinemas, a range of shopping centres and also the beautiful All Saints Church.
This is an exciting opportunity to complete your apprenticeship within a large nursery group across the South West who offer fantastic career progression opportunities and employee care with several benefits.
Your Responsibilities and Duties will involve:
- Assist in providing a safe environment for children
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Assist in ensuring the unit is clean and tidy and assist in meal preparation
- Assist colleagues with developing and maintaining good relationships with local schools, charities and involvement with the community (e.g. parades, visiting care homes)
- Taking children on trips out and assist on picking up from school
- Able to support children’s behaviour and act as a role model
Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about beginning their career in child care.
You will need to take this role seriously, and be able to demonstrate a good work ethic and be able to communicate effectively with the people around you, making sure that you treat both other staff and children with respect and care at all times.