The Aspire Training Team are looking for a confident and reliable individual to complete their Level 2 Child Care Apprenticeship with Shining Stars Childminding in Bournemouth.
Run by childminder Kelly Shaw, Shining Stars is a small childcare setting which first opened back in 2014, they have 2 rooms and cater to children from birth until they are 11 years old. Shining Stars are passionate about providing flexible, high quality childcare with parents saying they are a genuine “home from home” setting.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to continue their career in childcare, joining a fantastic Childcare setting, gaining hands on experience and learning from a qualified and experienced Childcare professional.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being involved in planning exciting and stimulating activities for the children
- Participating in activities including story time, messy play etc
- Accompanying the children on day trips
- Supporting with eating and personal care
- Accompanying the children on walks to and from school
- Helping to keep the setting clean and tidy
- Gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the apprenticeship.
- Ensuring that records are kept up to date.
- Keeping up to date with all coursework
- You will need to be punctual and flexible, being able to work around the settings opening hours of 7:30am – 6pm, working a total of 30 hours across 5 days.
The ideal candidate will have to be able to use their own initiative, be confident, energetic, and passionate about childcare with a willingness to learn more and to gain further qualifications. Some previous child care experience is essential for this role. You must be able to gain a clear DBS, and have GCSE grades A*-C/4-9 in Maths and English Language (or equivalent i.e. functional skills). If you do not have these grades you must be willing to work towards them as part of your apprenticeship.