The Aspire Training Team are currently recruiting for a punctual, reliable and flexible individual, who loves the outdoors and animals to complete their Level 2 Early Years Childcare Apprenticeship.
Who we are:
Little Wildlings Nursery is a brand new nursery set in the grounds of the former Kingston St Mary preschool, which offers a welcoming and warm environment for children aged 1-5 years, its idyllic location lends itself to plenty of outdoor adventures and forest school opportunities.
One of the aspects that make our Nursery unique is that Animal care and education will be one of the main focus points of the nursery, including our friendly nursery dog (who will be joining us on regular welly walks) along with ponies, chickens and guinea pigs.
We strongly believe in letting learning happen through play, and letting the imaginations of the little ones run free.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team
- To be involved in the planning of outdoor activities for the children
- Communicating with parents and ensuring that the children’s records are accurate and up to date
- Build a strong bond with the children and encourage the children to participate in nature based activities both indoors and outdoors
- Creating a warm, friendly and outdoor stimulating atmosphere in which children can grow and flourish in a fun nature filled environment
Skills and attributes:
- The ideal apprentice must have the following qualities, in order to be right fit for our setting;
- Willing to learn
- Must be happy working outdoors
- Loves animals and nature
- Potential of a job at the end for the right candidate
- Time off during the Christmas period
- Free paediatric first aid and safe guarding training
- Lots of CPD opportunities - Providing plenty of opportunities to progress in you career