The Aspire Training Team are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to their gain their Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualifications during through an apprenticeship with The Old School House Nursery & Pre School.
Based in Poole, The Old School House has recently opened and is owned and run by Jo Howard, an experienced Childcare professional who worked for several years as a childminder before expanding her business into what it is today.
It is an ideal setting for anyone looking to take their first steps into childcare. We are looking for an apprentice who can carry out the following duties with training and a natural ability:
- To plan and provide activities and resources appropriate to the child’s age
- Stage of development and individual needs.
- To maintain discipline and to encourage positive behaviour.
- To communicate with Parent’s about their child’s activities
- To ensure that the children are safe at all times. This includes when in the setting or out on excursions.
- To assist with food preparation.
- To keep all areas clean and tidy
- To report any concerns directly to the Childminder so that they can be dealt with quickly and in the correct manner.
- To adhere to all Health & Safety practices to ensure the safety of the staff and children at all times.
- Assisting with daily, weekly and monthly checks
- Taking children on trips out
- Support in ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with children with a natural affinity towards them, and be able to read, follow and understand Policies, Procedures and Permissions. They will also need to be a great team player, kind and patient with the children and must be professional at all times.
You will ideally have GCSE Grades A*-C in English Language & Maths (or equivalent) as these are required for the employer to progress you onto a Level 3 Childcare apprenticeship (Level 2 functional skills can be accepted).