The Aspire Training Team are currently recruiting for a punctual, reliable, friendly and flexible individual to join Sherborne House Nursery.
This is an exciting opportunity to complete a Level 2 Childcare Assistant Apprenticeship within a large friendly team in the heart of Hiltingbury, Chandlers Ford.
Sherborne House Nursery is housed within the woodland grounds of Sherborne House preparatory school, and comprises of 5 operational childcare rooms.
The setting itself offers good benefits to their staff such as free lunch from the school's cafeteria. Sherborne House Nursery has been operational for over 2 years since January 2020, and the setting prides itself upon it's high standards and focus upon high quality care, along with a real team ethos amongst the staff.
Our Nursery is primarily divided into three different rooms, allowing children to thrive in small groups and receive individual attention. Our three rooms are:
- Hoglets - Children aged 6 months to 18 months
- Hedgehogs - 18 months to 2 years
- Badgers and Owlets - 2 years to 3 years
- Wise Owls (pre reception) - 3 to 4 years
Roles and responsibilities: As part of your role as a Level 2 Childcare Assistant Apprenticeship, your duties will include aren't limited to.
- Trips out into the woodland
- Large outdoor area for children to play in
- Very new resources
- Support children with eating
- Support children with personal care
- Planning activities for children
- Interacting with children Arts and crafts/messy play
- Encouraging children's development
- Record keeping Interacting with parents
- Complying with all health and safety policies Childcare.
You must be able to gain a clear DBS.
Preferably have GCSE grades A*-C or 4-9 in Maths and English Language, or equivalent. If you do not have these grades you must be willing to work towards them, as in the event you want to progress onto the level 3, these will be required. At the end of the course, there is the possibility of full-time employment for the right candidate.