Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Apprentice at Quinn London
Quinn London Ltd was founded in 2000 with the aim to deliver quality construction solutions across London and the south of England. Built upon this ethos, Quinn London has excelled through the years to become a leading London-based main contractor.
They are now looking for a London Borough of Hackney resident to become a Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Apprentice and join their team!
To work across the Social Value & SHEQ teams and assist with all the Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability related activities that the business is organising whilst working towards completion of a Level 4 apprenticeship.
Working alongside the Social Value Manager and Sustainability Manager to:
- Help to deliver social value and sustainability projects in partnership with clients to meet social value commitments.
- Attend client meetings when and where necessary.
- Assist the Social Value Manager with social value reporting.
- Coordinate volunteering programme from sourcing through to delivery.
- Promote volunteering opportunities internally via email.
- Organise fundraising events for our Charity of the Year.
- Develop relationships with local schools and colleges.
- Represent the business at careers events and job fairs.
- Help to facilitate the business’ apprentice recruitment programme including sourcing candidates, screening applications, and carrying out interviews.
- Input and analyse sustainability performance data.
- Carry out ISO14001 audits.
- Manage data input and collection of waste data.
- Assist the Sustainability Manager with administration of sustainability initiatives and campaigns
- Help deliver internal sustainability training and provide guidance and information to staff on environmental issues.
- Follow and support policies, procedures, initiatives, and work instructions related to sustainability improvement and environmental compliance.
- To carry out Monthly, Site, Environmental Inspections, and reporting.
- You’ll need to attend an online Zoom screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch!) and pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Candidates must be from the London Borough of Hackney.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to small groups.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to network and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to input, analyse and present data in an informative and engaging manner.
- A commitment to equality and diversity and its application
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player